Thursday, December 16, 2010

What a difference a day makes

It's been a curious day.

Well, that's not entirely true. The day itself has been fairly straight forward. And feels like it's been more productive than yesterday (which I got through in a bit of a fuzzy overtired blur). But really what's coming to light are some inescapable truths. Like the fact a job, any job, every job, isn't done until it's done. And that means that a job I'd hoped would just "work itself out" won't. And that another job which I hadn't even imagined in the form it now looks to be evolving would be needed...and that actually, it is needed and will be ever so slightly epic in coming to fruition.

And also that creating balance in my life really is 100% down to me. Which I knew already but had to grab by the horns and start putting into practice. I feel like I've been floundering for a while and however frustrating it may be, I need to keep at it until whatever lightning bolt moment that needs to happen can. Which would be outstandingly marvellous and will, I'm sure, happen. The when is the biggest question.

But another interesting revelation for the day is that as much as I like Doing and seem to enjoy this a lot more than Being, large proportions of the world seem to err much more on the side of Being. And that the reason there are so many relationship dramas (dramas in every sense) is because it's about people Being and seeing where it takes them. Now, just because it seems to be the norm doesn't necessarily mean it's the way I should head, but it's a fascinating new idea to me. Strange as that may seem.

And what does it all mean? Quien sabe. Quien sabe indeed. But for now it means there's some washing in the washing machine that needs to come to be dried out, and some washing up that needs to be done in the process. Because ultimately the pondering is all well and good, but it's the doing that gets things done.

To analyse can be to paralyse, as I was reminded of earlier today.

No comments: