Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Question time

How many questions? And where to start?

The day began outstandingly, and unexpectedly, thanks to Karen, Dolan, Joel & the new washing machine. It continued rather well with some ridiculous blips (life really can be ridiculous sometimes) and overall I still have no real idea what day of the week it is. Yesterday I was convinced it was Wednesday. Today I've been convinced it's Thursday. Tomorrow? Who knows.

But what is certainly true is that my brain is on overdrive for reasons I can't quite comprehend. Such as: being terribly excited at the realisation that my response to the outside world at the moment is mainly judged by my cheeks (if my cheeks hurt when I'm outside, it's REALLY cold. If they don't, it's just cold. I love my digital thermometer and it's seen me through some merry judge-the-weather-right-and-not-be-freezy-or-too-hot-on-my-bike times, but right now, my cheeks are thermometer supremo).

And speaking of the cold, at what temperature does water freeze immediately? I know it *freezes* at zero, but not very fast. What's the temperature at which it just doesn't survive as liquid?

I hope I get a grip on the days tomorrow. It's been a confusing week.

No comments: