Thursday, March 31, 2011

New kitchen, new cooking!

So, it would seem getting a new kitchen and new kitchen implements results in a complete new way of cooking! New Hafilax flat with it's unloved-to-start-with-but-now-seem-to-be-doing-OK hobs plus lots of kitcheny stuff from my mate Chris is now bringing forth lentiley delights with creamed coconut (the can said coconut milk, the stuff inside is a paste. But boy, do I like it) from The Wok Of Joy. Basically, I now get to cook the “staple” in a normal pan then fling it in The Wok Of Joy for some flavouring. Today started with accidentally putting in cinnamon when I thought I was putting in tumeric, and then I ended up throwing in some ginger too. Tee hee!


I ALSO may have netted myself a new tenant – fourth through the door but definitely my favourite so far. All four through the door have been working at the local banking HQ, all on three month contracts and all pleasant enough although the first one who said he definitely wanted the room was not an option for me. It's hard to say why but there are just some people who I don't want to have living in my house or seeing me trug around first thing in the morning / last thing at night. Looks like I may have to give in to the internet revolution tho' as the guy moving in is an IT consultant (where've I met those before?) and could really do with broadband for work. Ah well, there are worse things that could happen. And because they're worse I won't dwell on them. [Update: no word from said prospective tenant who was going to confirm either way today...I may have spoken too soon! We shall see...]


Oh, how full of food from The Wok Of Joy I am. Possibly slightly too full, but that's OK too. Tomorrow I get sofa-age and bed-age arriving and if all goes according to plan tenant-age too. But right now I've an appointment with Ms Adie and her autobiography (which is awfully good).