Tuesday, March 15, 2011

CLEARLY the world revolves around me...

It has become apparent in the past two days that my mental state is so phenomenally powerful that it actually affects the weather. Crazy, but true! Yesterday, the day of The Big Move (which wasn't particularly big, but felt somewhat momentous) was beautifully sunny and warm. Today, the day of The Big Fuzzy Brain it felt like the whole of the Calder Valley spent the day in a fuzzy cloud (I think it felt like that because it actually was in the midst of a fuzzy cloud) and I found myself going soooooooo much slower than is usual. I wonder what tomorrow holds!


My new flat in Halifax is ace. Super super ace. Even the fact that the heating and hot water don't work yet, that I don't have a sofa and the corridor floor slopes, that the hob is supremely slow and doesn't seem to understand that the highest setting should be Pretty Darned Hot – even all those things, and I still love this flat. And I even love it to myself. I feel like I should get a lodger, and the second bedroom is being left available to turn into a lodger room but perhaps I'll have a guest bedroom. Who knows. Either way, it really needs a bed to be a bedroom... ;)


But the big thing right now is curling up in bed with a hot water bottle, a good book and having a well deserved sleep. I slept through last night but woke quite early and I think didn't sleep as well as I could have. Tonight, however, will be night number two and for that it will be night number one for marvellous sleeping. I've decided, see...

No comments: