Saturday, February 27, 2010

Tigger Gets Curtain Track Without Paying Real Money: Shock!

The truth is true: today, I went into a well-known DIY shop, perused the various curtain track options, settled on the one I wanted (genius, that), took it to the check-out, didn't pay any money and left without being apprehended! Admittedly, payment was taken in the form of accumulated points but I was happy anyway.

And while we're on the subject of being apprehended, I witnessed a security guard veritably fly at a young chap attempted to walk off with some merchandise from a music-type shop earlier today. Initially thought it was a mate of said young chap about to "bounce" him (much as I have been known to do) but the grabbing of said chap, shoving of arms behind back and frog-marching back into the shop somewhat altered my view on that one.

ANYWAYS, more good news in the form of it no longer being Freezey McFreezo in Morecambe, and as such distinctly warmer in my modest abode even without the heating on. Plus the boiler's fixed which is always a bonus (the bill will be less of a bonus, but these things happen). The house is also feeling more and more like my home - I seem to feel I say this every time I come here, but things like patchwork curtains in the snug and, well, just having made more cosmetic changes (my built-in shelves are still standing the test of time - and the weight of the various paper-based items on them) which suit *me*. Hurrah.

So all in all, it's been a good day. I've travelled. I've got to Morecambe. I had a vegan ice cream sundae and I don't have to leave the house (unless I choose to) until Monday morning. Good work, the Tig. :)

No comments: