Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Past the point of no return

My plans for this evening started with the idea of going to see Lincoln having failed to get to the cinema yesterday. Towards the end of the afternoon it became apparent, however, that going to the cinema this evening would be a sure fire way to pay good money to fall asleep in the dark. So, I continued on with Doingses at work (in a tiredness-adled brain way) only to discover the things I had been doing had been taking much longer than anticipated. During the Doingses I had plotted a long soak in the bath, but by the time of departure the plans were evolving yet further as I realised as much as baths are delightful, there is, in fact, a point past which just curling up in bed is more attractive.

Between getting in and curling up I had Dangerous Discovery Number 2 for the week. At least number 2 where food is concerned. Number 1 was that of being able to oven bake curly fries in the time between walking through my front door and faffing around doing "getting home" things. Number 2: that the Linda McCartney baby sausage rolls I purchased today take the same length of time to cook as said curly fries. I had, in fact, been craving vegetables as I gazed about me, walking home along the Prom in the invigorating winds so said oven-baked delights were accompanied by some sprouts. My diet may not be a classic "healthy" one, but when energy reserves are low it is, at least, a "functional" diet.

And now I look ahead to tomorrow and wonder where on earth the week has gone. There has been something immensely intense about this week and it doesn't appear to be making any great shakes to change in the near future. Oh, AND I was greeted by not one but TWO hand written letters on arriving home. Delightful! But my brain is pretty much vetoing any further thought - in fact, I'm not convinced lucid thought didn't get vetoed about 3pm...

No comments: