Sunday, August 8, 2010

And this weekend I am mostly surviving on...

...teacakes and lime marmalade. Yum! Another quiet weekend in Tiggerland and this weekend I did actually manage to make it over to the cheap supermarket in Tod - which does fabulous vegan teacakes and also stocks my favourite lime marmalade - Roses. It being a lazy weekend I wasn't really in the mood for cooking hence the teacakes are almost gone but I'm feeling good on it!

Also did something I haven't done since starting this job this weekend - which was going into the office. Now, part of me really was resisting going on because I thought it would be the start of a slippery slope but actually, it was spot on. I went in because I wanted to - because there were a couple of loose ends I wanted to tidy up before next week started (which I normally would have done on Friday evening, but I had a massage at the end of the day and it just doesn't make sense to go back to work after a massage!) and because actually, I felt like I was festering at home and wanted to *do* something. Working for NO HANDS is very different from previous jobs - because I actually believe in what they're doing and want to support it. In actual fact, there are very few weekends when I'm around in Hebden and hence won't really find myself in the position to go in that often on weekends but overall I'm feeling pretty good about it.

Also just given my room the once over with a duster, my "noodle" mop (works wet & dry!) and even cleaned my windows. Get me and my domestication! Unfortunately one of the windows has condensation between the two double glazing panes but they both had quite a lot of lichen on them which has now been cleared off and the one over my bed is looking infinitely better - well, they both are but it's more noticeable on that one. Again, noodle mop came into its own although it's now very much in need of a thorough wash. That's on the menu for a little later in the day as I've a friend coming over for a massage swap.

These quiet weekends really are novel - not sure I want them to become the norm, but now and then is pretty nice!

No comments: